puubuu: (Default)
[Luceti's resident puffball is on the screen today, wearing the red sweater (arms noticeably missing) that he received for Christmas. Today, he has an announcement for everyone...]

Puu! Hello, Luceti! Fattycakes is here with an im-puu-tant announcement!

My Buuday- um, birthday is coming up soon! February 14th is my birthday. Well, actually, it's the day I met my best friend, but that's when I celebrate my birthday, because... I don't know when Mama made me, actually.

But that's only part of the important part! Do any of you know how to put a party together? I want to have a nice birthday party, but I don't know where to start. Also, I'd need people with arms and legs to help me gather all the food and get me to the place where we're holding the party, so we need to think of that too.

So, in short, I want to throw a birthday party, and I need your help! Let me know if you can help, or if you have any ideas. Oh, and everyone is going to be invited! I want a big, happy celebration, puu buu!

Date: 2013-02-02 11:17 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] fierybluebird
fierybluebird: (fond grin)
Cute sweater little matey!

Valentines' can get a little busy around here. I'll be glad to make you a present, but would you be willing to join in one of the other parties?

Date: 2013-02-03 01:34 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] fierybluebird
fierybluebird: (almost angelic)
Awesome. Aye, I'm not sure what parties will be there, but Ace said this place got really busy around that holiday last year. Apparently it's like Halloween, but more Valentines-style.

Who was the friend you met?

Date: 2013-02-09 07:20 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] fierybluebird
fierybluebird: (take a walk on the wild side)
They never do.

Hah, I can't say I recall that story actually! Though it could just be memory acting faulty. If you don't mind a possible retelling though, I'd love to hear it again.

Date: 2013-02-11 06:49 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] fierybluebird
fierybluebird: (fond grin)
That sounds really cute! What was her name? And why did she name you that?

Date: 2013-02-24 08:55 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] fierybluebird
fierybluebird: (smile glasses)
It's a very nice name. [Just all the deadpan.] And she sounds like a great friend, eh. I think the day you met her would be a great date for a birthday to remember it by.

Date: 2013-02-03 06:34 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (grin)
I would be happy to help gather decorations for your party. I think I might even still have some left over from Beast's birthday that might be of use.

Date: 2013-02-04 01:01 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (grin)
Well I have heard that there's a holiday on the same day. There is a good chance that your party might conflict with someone else's. But I do not know that for sure.

Date: 2013-02-04 01:35 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (oh chip)
Sure! I'd be happy to help. I'll tell you as soon as I hear something.

Date: 2013-02-04 02:26 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (arched brow)
Well I suppose that depends on how you want it set up. It is your party after all. Is there anything in particular you would like me to use? Certain colors or types of decoration?

Date: 2013-02-06 09:02 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (grin)
Oh yes, I've seen those! Well...none shaped like you. But surely it looks easy enough to make with the proper material.

Date: 2013-02-07 04:39 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (oh chip)
Oh? Is that where you want to have your party?

Date: 2013-02-10 09:39 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (grin)
Hmm yes, I agree. And I think more people might feel welcome to join if it's out in the open like that.

Date: 2013-02-14 05:14 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] funnygirl
funnygirl: (Default)
Yes, of course. Around what time should I arrive?

[Voice]

Date: 2013-02-04 12:26 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] winds_voice
winds_voice: (Looking Away)
Birthday? You celebrate the day your are born?

[Yes he's going to be wondering what counts as a birthday for himself now...]

This is a human ritual, is it not?

[Voice]

Date: 2013-02-05 12:28 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] winds_voice
winds_voice: (Pondering)
Hmm, I would assist you but I have little knowledge of parties myself. Are there any other traditions associated with birthdays?

A calendar would be useful, I feel. I suppose even I was born at some point, though I do not know which day or even how long ago. The planet must have been alive for many years already. I do not pay much attention to how many days have passed...

[Voice]

Date: 2013-02-06 08:19 pm (UTC)From: [personal profile] winds_voice
winds_voice: (Just A Moment)
More gifts? Is that not what occurs at Christmas? [Not that he ever heard the real reason behind Christmas...] I am sure there was plenty of food around that time as well. I wonder how this is different, then.

The humans have likely devised a calendar of their own, but it is something that does not concern us Spirits. We live each day in a routine and continue for as long as the planet survives. Time does not really concern us.

[Voice]

Date: 2013-02-11 11:18 am (UTC)From: [personal profile] winds_voice
winds_voice: (Curious)
I see... It is the same practice but a different focus of celebration.

As an immortal being I did not feel it was necessary to count the days. Let the humans live out their short lives day by day, I will last for many years yet. If I am to attempt to embrace my more... human side however, perhaps I should try to remember events such as these. Important events that occur regularly.

Profile

puubuu: (Default)
Fattycakes the Puffski

May 2023

S M T W T F S
 123456
7 8910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 23rd, 2026 08:30 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios